Children deserve the chance to thrive and hypnosis can help them get there! Hypnosis for kids is effective because it engages elements that resonate with the adolescent brain – fantasy and imagination. Using these elements, we can introduce children to their inner higher resources – show them how they can be in control of their own mind, their bodies and well-being. We can also give them valuable tools for managing perceptions to their inside world and responses to the outside world around them.
Whether at home or at school, kids are trying to navigate current situations reflecting patterns they developed as young children. Add to that, the pressures they feel to be like everyone else, and the beliefs they have about themselves, the result is stress that manifests as any number of maladaptive behaviors and habits. Through hypnosis, coaching, NLP and EFT, we can transform limiting beliefs, remove negative blocks and emotions giving your child every opportunity to thrive and grow into the best person he or she can be.
My experience has taught me that for clients to experience true shift in this work, they must commit to that process mindset. As such, ALL new hypnotherapy clients engage me in a 3 session package designed to set the foundation for change, remove barriers for change and reinforce that change. You can read more about the HYPNOTHERAPY PROCESS here.
Working with children is a family process. As such, I engage all new child clients (younger than 18) in a 4 session package with the first session being a parent only session. The 3 remaining sessions may be any combination of family or individual child sessions. Parents play an important role in the success of this approach, so naturally, the process includes setting a solid foundation for the parents to create success for the child at home. As such, the process for working with kids and teens consists of the following:
- Complimentary Consultation – (3o minutes – 1 hour) Over the phone or in-person, upon request, with one or both parents.
- Session 1 – Parent Foundation Session – (2 Hours) If possible, it is preferred that both parents attend this session at the same time, without child. During our time together, we will explore specifics about your child’s issue as well as the opportunities to engage his or her positive resources to get him or her to success. We will also explore in more depth your role in the process. You will learn about how we communicate through the process, and receive tools for positively reinforcing at home, the work we do in session. You will also experience a hypnotic programming session designed to support your success through this process. This session is mandatory and I do not move forward working with a child without having conducted this session. The cost of this session is $150 regardless of your choice to move forward with sessions for your child.
- Session 2 – Child Foundation Session with 1 Parent – (1 – 2 Hours) This is the first meeting with the child. One parent may stay throughout and discussion is geared toward helping your child articulate the gap between where they are and where they want to be and then explore his / her resources for getting there. Depending on the age, the child may experience a brief hypnotic programming session designed to improve confidence and self-esteem or engage a story or other activity designed to create awareness and insight.
- Session 3 – Child Session 1 – (1 – 2 Hours) We will start the session with observations and insights over the week and discussion about where things shifted. Depending on where the child is, we may move forward with a live hypnosis session or even the creation of a customized recording to use at home. This session may or may not include the parents as determined appropriate by the parents, the child or me.
- Session 4 – Child Session 2 – (1 – 2 Hours) Again, we will start the session with observations and insights over the week and discussion about where things shifted. Just as with the first session, depending on where the child is, we may move forward with a live hypnosis session or we may do some NLP or even tapping. In every session, I am capitalizing on the child’s learning style and looking for avenues to take advantage of how they pattern and use information. I am always looking for an opportunity to find their best skill and inner resource and leverage it in the domain of their area of concern so they can shift their perspective, which shifts how their bodies feel, which shifts what they can do. I have a lot of tools to accomplish this. You may click to read more ABOUT THE TOOLS. I will also share these tools in the Parent Foundation Session. This session may or may not include the parents as determined appropriate by the parents, the child or me.
- Subsequent Sessions – (1 – 2 Hours) Once the initial 3 session package has been completed, it may be necessary to schedule your child for additional single sessions as needed, with or without parents, as determined appropriate by the parents, the child or me.
The investment for this service is $600 ($150 for the Parent Foundation Session and $450 for the New Child Client – Initial 3 Session Package.) As this is already a deeply discounted service, no other discounts apply. The single session rate for children is $150 per session.
I have no way of knowing how many sessions it may take a child to create the shift he/she wants to enjoy, or the family expects to see. However, I pledge to work efficiently and diligently to maximize our time together while sharing resources with the parents to help cultivate change at home.
Imagine how life will be for your child when he or she . . .
- Improves study skills
- Connects to increased confidence and self-esteem
- Enjoys accelerated learning, memory, and focus
- Connects to natural motivation
- Improves test performance
- Improves sports performance
- Enjoys stress reduction
- Eliminates bed wetting
- Gets over stage fright
- Stops procrastination
- Resolves dishonest behavior
- Improve public speaking
- Stops nail biting
- Lets go of anger and frustration
- Stops over-eating
- Reduces fear and overwhelm