COVID-19 Notice: Updates To Office Policies And Procedures 7/1/2020
Our health and safety, and the wellness of our loved ones and the community is my ultimate priority. Due to concerns related to COVID-19, please observe the following updates to my office Policies and Procedures.
- My practice is open for remote hypnosis and coaching. This is preferred. Please CLICK HERE to read more about how sessions are conducted remotely.
- Requests for in-person sessions will be considered on a case by case basis and conducted only under the terms outlined in the informed consent document below. A “Day of Visit Wellness Assessment” will be required prior to your session. See below for more information.
- Procedures have been added for maintaining office cleanliness. See below for more information.
- I reserve the right to update these policies and procedures and discontinue in-person sessions at my discretion.
INFORMED CONSENT FOR IN-PERSON SERVICES DURING COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS
This disclosure contains important information about our decision (yours and mine) to conduct in-person services in light of the COVID-19 public health crisis. Please read this carefully and let me know if you have any questions. When you sign this document, it will be an official agreement between us.
Decision to Meet Face-to-Face
You have requested to meet in person for some or all future sessions and I have agreed as long as the following items are agreed upon and taken into consideration. Should there be a resurgence of the pandemic or if other health concerns arise, I reserve the right to require a move back to remote sessions. Concerns about meeting remotely should be addressed as soon as possible.
If at any time, you decide that you would feel safer doing remote sessions, I will absolutely honor that decision and we will discontinue in-person sessions and only meet remotely via Phone, Zoom or Skype for the remainder of our sessions.
Risks of Opting for In-Person Services
You understand that by coming to my office, you are assuming the risk of exposure to the coronavirus (or other public health risk) via me, my office, someone in my building, in any of the building facilities including the halls, the restroom, elevator and stairwell and doors or simply out on the street. This risk may increase if you travel by public transportation, cab, or ridesharing service. In agreeing to an in-office session, you also understand and agree to the following:
- DAY OF VISIT WELLNESS ASSESSMENT & VERIFICATION:
- On the day of our appointment, prior to leaving for our appointment, please verify your wellness by completing and submitting the anonymous assessment at the following link: https://covid19symptomchecker.spectrumhealth.org/welcome
- You will be required to take your temperature to answer the first question. Please do not make a guess about this. Take your temperature with an actual thermometer.
- The results will be date / time stamped and will advise whether it is safe to visit in person or better to self- isolate and / or consult a medical practitioner.
- Screencapture the results and forward to me via email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 407-228-3090. I will reply back with my own results immediately.
- If you do not receive my reply with my results within 5 minutes, please call or text me. I do not want you to get on the road without 100% certainty about my own status.
- If I do not receive results from you by the start time of our session, I will call you to follow up. If I do not reach you, do not receive a call or text reply, I will assume you are not coming and a cancellation fee may apply. Please contact me as soon as you know that you are not coming to avoid this fee.
- If either of our results advise we not meet in person, for our shared safety, we will not proceed with an in-person session. I will call you immediately and we will discuss how to move forward. We can conduct a remote session in that same time block or reschedule for later at a mutually convenient date / time. There will be no penalty for rescheduling or canceling due to this circumstance as long as we are actively communicating about how to move forward.
- I reserve the right to ask you for a temperature scan prior to entering my office using a no-contact thermometer.
- If you feel uncomfortable having to take this assessment or share the results with me or have your temperature checked, we should only conduct remote sessions.
- ALWAYS ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION: If at any time prior to our appointment, you are concerned or feel like you may have a symptom, please do not hesitate to let me know we need to reschedule. I am waiving cancellation fees for last-minute reschedules due to illness so err on the side of caution for both our sakes. We can always do this work remotely.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING OUTSIDE MY OFFICE: My office suite is on the 2nd floor of a bank building at the end of a long hall surrounded by other office suites. You may pass several other suites on the walk to my office and come in close proximity to other tenants or guests without maintaining a 6 foot distance. I have no way to ensure other guests or tenants of the building will be observing social distancing or wearing masks. If you feel uncomfortable being around others who may not be able to keep their distance or may not be wearing masks, we should only conduct remote sessions.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING INSIDE MY OFFICE: My office is small. We will not be able to maintain a 6 foot distance from each other at any time. My chair and the Hypno-chair are approximately 4 feet apart. If you feel uncomfortable sitting this close to me, we should only conduct remote sessions.
- USE OF MASKS OUTSIDE MY OFFICE: Osceola County is under a Mandatory Mask order while in public. Please travel to and from our session wearing a mask. Please also wear the mask while in the building at all times including the restroom, hallways, waiting area, stairs and elevator.
- USE OF MASKS INSIDE MY OFFICE: You will not be able to wear masks during our session and neither will I. Not only can I not hear you through a mask, you cannot hear me through a mask. Further, it is not safe for you to wear a mask while you are in a heightened emotional state, or while doing breathwork. You will be asked to remove your mask for the duration of our session. If you feel uncomfortable removing your mask at any time, we should only conduct remote sessions.
- BUILDING HVAC SYSTEM: The office suites on my side of the floor share a common HVAC system. While there is a single vent that I can cover with a filter, I have no way to ensure other tenants are not releasing into the air something that may travel through the HVAC system into my office. If you feel uncomfortable removing your mask under these circumstances, we should only conduct remote sessions.
- OFFICE CLEANING / HAND SANITIZER: My office door, and office contents and furnishings will be cleaned before, between and after clients with a product that is CDC approved disinfectant for COVID-19. Hand sanitizer will be available outside of my office and will be used prior to entering my office.
- RESTROOM: I do not have a private restroom, yet there is a small restroom on the floor that is maintained by building management. You will not able to maintain a 6 foot distance from another person in that restroom. I have no way to ensure building management is properly cleaning or maintaining the restroom to CDC standards for COVID-19. Should you use the restroom prior to or during our session, you must put your mask back on while in the restroom and in the hall traveling to and from my office. And you must properly wash your hands before leaving the restroom and hand sanitize before entering my office.
- ELEVATOR / STAIRS: My office is located on the 2nd There is a small elevator that is maintained by building management that will take you to the 2nd floor. You will not able to maintain a 6 foot distance from another person in that elevator. There is a stairwell in the back of the building that is locked from the outside. If you prefer to enter the building this way, please text me when you arrive. I will meet you down there and open the door for you. I have no way to ensure building management is properly cleaning or maintaining the elevator or stairwell to CDC standards for COVID-19.
- ARRIVAL / WAITING AREA: To minimize exposure to others, it is not advisable to enter the building more than 5 minutes before your appointment time. While there is a large shared reception / waiting area maintained by building management in which you would be able to maintain a 6 foot distance from others, I have no way to ensure building management is properly cleaning or maintaining the reception / waiting area to CDC standards for COVID-19. Best to wait in your car or outside until right before your appointment time.
- GUESTS: Though the waiting area may allow for a guest to maintain a 6 foot distance from others, it is not advisable to bring guests into the building.
- TISSUES: The work we do is quite emotional. There will be tears and nasal discharge as a function of crying. Tissues will be provided and collected in a disposable bag that you will remove from the office and dispose of in the restroom or outside of the building upon your departure. If you feel uncomfortable packing out your own used tissues, we should only conduct remote sessions.
Your Responsibility to Minimize Your Exposure
To obtain services in person, you agree to take certain precautions that will help keep everyone (you, me, and our families, other building tenants and patrons, and the general public) safe from exposure. If you do not adhere to these safeguards, it may result in our starting / returning to a remote arrangement. Initial each to indicate that you understand and agree to these actions:
- You follow the “Day of Visit Wellness Assessment” process outlined above prior to each visit and if you or if you have other symptoms of COVID-19, you agree to contact me as soon as possible to reschedule the appointment and conduct our session remotely. If you wish to cancel for this reason, I agree to not charge you the normal cancellation fee. ___
- You will use alcohol-based hand sanitizer prior to you entering the office. ___
- You will wear a mask in all areas of the building, other than in my office. ___
- You will keep as much of a distance as possible while in the office and there will be no physical contact between us (e.g. no shaking hands, no hugs, no physical anchors, no hypnotic processes that involve touch.) ___
- You will make your best effort to avoid touching your face or eyes with your bare hands. Tissues will be provided and disposed of properly as described above.____
- You will take steps between appointments to minimize your exposure to COVID-19. ___
- If you believe you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, you will let me know immediately. ___
- If a resident of your home tests positive for the COVID-19, you will immediately let me know and we will then move to remote sessions. ___
- If you test positive for COVID-19 at any point during our work together, you will notify me immediately so I may take appropriate precautions. We will terminate in person sessions and conduct remote sessions only. ____
I reserve the right to modify the above precautions at my discretion and in response to additional local, county, state or federal orders or guidelines as published. At such time, we will discuss the impact of those changes on our work together prior to moving forward with additional in-person sessions. If you feel uncomfortable agreeing to any of these terms, we should only conduct remote sessions.
My Commitment to Minimize Exposure
I am committed to keeping you, me, and all of our families safe from the spread of COVID-19. You have my pledge and commitment that I have taken steps both personally and professionally to minimize the risk of contracting and / or spreading COVID-19 in my home and in my office and will continue to do so as long as necessary. I am happy to share these additional measures with you upon request.
If I Test Positive
If I test positive for COVID-19 at any point during our work together, I will notify you immediately so that you may take appropriate precautions and we will terminate in-person sessions.
This agreement supplements the Client Participation Agreement that you sign online at the start of our work together.
Upon signing the informed consent form, you acknowledge your acceptance of these terms and conditions and the risks associated with in-person sessions, as well as your agreement to assume all liability.
If you feel uncomfortable agreeing to any of these terms, please do not move forward with in-person sessions. Do not sign the form and instead, contact me to change your in-person session to a remote session.